Must know #hawaiitips about Tropical Macadamia Nut Farm
Well, this is a subject that I was looking forward to writing about, just because it is indeed a hidden gem on the windward side of O’ahu. As it is located near the popular Kualoa Ranch, most of the visitors are either too tired, or not informed about this gem spot.
Here are some of my personal #hawaiitips
1. It is great for families with children. It is almost like a playground for them. Children are running around collecting macadamia nuts from a bin, or the ground, crack them open and feed the chickens. The chickens are everywhere and come to your hand to fetch some leftovers.
2. Free! samples of a large variety flavored macadamia nuts; Maui onion and garlic macadamia nuts are a local flavor, and a personal favorite.
3. Free! samples of local flavored coffees. It can’t get any better that this! I promise!
4. Ali’i Tour is a must see! I can’t express how much fun and informative it is. Sit in a small outdoor theatre for a show about coconut husking, fire dance and how to make a fire. The tour is followed by a canoe ride with pictures, and then a tour of the farm tasting fresh tropical fruits and coconuts.
6. The website is outdated, call them in advance to find out more about the Ali’i Tour updated prices and times.